With the deadline for submitting applications being yesterday, January 18, 2017 at 11:59PM, the McGill Dobson Cup 2017 is now officially underway!
Our team at the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship will be spending next week reviewing all of the application forms and 5-page startup business plans. All competitors will be notified if they are moving on to the Semi-Finals by January 31, 2017.
In the lead up to the Semi-Finals (February 14-17) and Finals (March 22) of the McGill Dobson Cup 2017, our Dobson Student Executive Team have organized a number of events and workshops to prepare McGill teams for the competition.
All of the events are free to attend, however registration is required as spaces are limited. Best of luck to all of the teams in this year’s startup competition!
– January 26, 2017: Women in Entrepreneurship
– February 2, 2017: How to Pitch Your Startup Workshop
– February 9, 2017: Public Speaking Workshop
– February 14-17, 2017: SEMI-FINALS McGILL DOBSON CUP 2017
– February 23, 2017: Market Research Workshop
– March 7, 2017: Startup Financials Workshop
– March 9, 2017: Startup Legals & Protecting Your IP
– March 16, 2017: Social Media Marketing for Startups
– March 22, 2017: FINALS McGILL DOBSON CUP 2017
– March 30, 2017: McGill Dobson Cup 2017 Awards Ceremony
The McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship is grateful for the support of National Bank for the McGill Dobson Cup, McGill’s premier startup competition where over $100,000 in seed funding will be awarded to the most promising McGill startups across 4 Tracks:
1. Innovation Driven Enterprise
2. Small & Medium Enterprise
3. Social Enterprise
4. Health Sciences