.406 Ventures Student Fellows Program
A Unique Opportunity for Student Entrepreneurs
The Student Fellows program is a unique opportunity for student entrepreneurs to build upon the academic entrepreneurial experiences offered through school with the real-world skills and networks needed to start successful companies. Over the two years each Fellow will build strong relationships with 15-20 other leading student entrepreneurs and experience the venture capital process.
All Fellows are required to have started a company and many are either working on a company when they join the Fellowship or start a company while an active Fellow. Recognizing the time constraints of student entrepreneurs, the Fellowship is designed to:
- Jumpstart Fellows’ entrepreneurial endeavors: Through our partner program, as Fellows start companies, they will get assistance and $10k+ in subsidies, discounts and deferrals with service providers including Amazon Web Services, Metis Communications, Gunderson Dettmer, CBRE, Square 1 Bank, and Wolf & Company
- Provide exposure to the capital community: In-depth interactions with the .406 partnership as well as access to our full network give students have the ability to understand, assess and engage the capital community when fundraising.
- Understand fundraising process: Fellows learn the fundraising process from within a venture fund as they sit on our Fellows investment committee and participate in everything from deal sourcing to due diligence.
- Facilitate entrepreneurial branding: Fellows carry .406 business cards and are coached on how to develop a brand as an entrepreneurial leader in their academic and local communities as they represent .406 Ventures on campus.
Student Fellow Advantages
This 2-year program is a unique opportunity to augment entrepreneurship academic work with live experience in the field as well as an amazing platform and network from which to create a new start-up.
- Build a strong peer-network with a hand-selected group of proven entrepreneurs from leading universities including a growing network of Fellowship alumni
- Foster connections within and an understanding of the venture capital industry
- Unique start-up opportunities such as:
- Investor access as the .406 Ventures representative at incubator Demo Days
- Open-door access to .406 Ventures including pitches, diligence and investment process
- .406 facilitates internships and employment within our portfolio and other companies within our network
- Exclusive deal platform with top service providers including Amazon Web Services, Metis Communications, Gunderson Dettmer, CBRE, Square 1 Bank, and Wolf & Company
- Through the Fellowship’s educational modules, Fellows will learn about key entrepreneurial aspects and be exposed to top industry practitioners
- Opportunity to participate in offsite meetings with .406 and other industry professionals
- Proven success as an entrepreneur.
- Ability to identify and assess entrepreneurial opportunities.
- At least two more years left in school as a student.
- Seek out entrepreneurs and potential investment opportunities from within the student body, research professors, tech transfer office and alumni.
- Participate in bi-weekly conferences with all Fellows to assess and discuss startups as well as our three 1-day offsites in Boston.
- Represent .406 Ventures on campus.
Interested Undergraduate & Graduate entrepreneurs can send their resumes to .406 at email@example.com